Are You Maximizing Your Social Media Pages for Your Business?
As a small business owner, If you fully committed to social media for your business, it’s time to reconsider your marketing strategy.
As of June 2019, there were ~ 3.5 billion active social media users worldwide, which means that about 45% of the world’s population has at least one social media account.
What does this mean?
Regardless of industry, your target audience is among those active social media users. Effectively connecting and engaging that market is essential to growing your business. Simply stated- you need a robust social media presence.
Getting started with social media may seem a bit overwhelming, but there are six strategies that you can implement today to REV-up your social media and business quickly.
It takes a bit more time to create social media pages that reflect the unique voice of your brand, but it’s worth the investment for four reasons:
- It’s common for consumers to check a company’s social media presence before clicking through to a website or making a purchase. A branded social media presence is most likely to convince those consumers to learn more about your products or services rather than turning to a competitor.
- Branding is essential to business growth and positioning your brand in front of your target market faster than traditional marketing strategies.
- Your branding efforts will likely improve your website’s search engine rankings. Social users will most likely share posts from brands they trust. The more your social media posts are shared, the higher your domain authority should rise. Higher authority rankings typically lead to improved search engine ranking. It’s a cycle that starts with quality branding that evokes trust.
- Social media activity may boost the search engine ranking of your social accounts. Those accounts may show up in Google and other search engines along with your website. Consumers are more likely to find you online if you have more listings at the top of the search engine rankings.
A branded social media presence to your social media pages is essential to your overall strategy to grow your business. Use these simple tips to turn your social profiles into branding gold immediately:
- Add a cover image that reflects your brand at first glance.
- Add cover photos that help visitors instantly identify with your brand.
- Place your logo in prominent positions, but don’t allow it to distract from the clean, crisp presentation of your profile or page.
Once you brand your social media accounts, start tracking your progress in search engine rankings. You can use a free app like Tiny Ranker or Pro Rank Tracker to save time. Keep in mind that branding should improve your rankings, but many other factors contribute to your overall ranking.
2. Use call-to-actions, giveaways, discounts, and contests to convert social media users into motivated buyers.
Are you trying to improve conversion rates for your social media pages?
The call-to-action or CTA is a direct statement that tells your social media followers what you want them to do next. It should also tell your audience why they will benefit from taking that action. Place your CTA in a prominent place on your social media profiles, and it should appealingly sell for you.
With your CTA in place, host occasional contests, giveaways or special discounts for your social media followers. Everyone loves free stuff, and social media users share posts regularly in hopes of winning a prize. They may also share posts featuring valuable discounts.
Increased engagement means increased social media page exposure for your brand.
3. Drive traffic from your website to your social media pages.
When learning how to grow a small business into a large company, you need the traffic to flow both ways. Give social share buttons a prominent but not distracting position on each page of your website. Use the “click to tweet” feature to allow visitors to tweet shareable quotes from your website content instantly. Encourage Pinterest shares by making all images on your site pinnable with one click.
4. Create relevant content to Rev your brand authority.
You want social media followers to view your brand as an authority in your niche. They should trust your industry insights and believe that you have the information and products or products they are looking for. You establish that trust by only sharing content that is accurate, timely, and relevant to your target market.
Keep in mind that the authority of your content sources will also reflect on your authority. Only use links to high-value content presented on highly ranked authority websites.
5. Create targeted content that converts social media users into raving fans.
While you’re creating that relevant and accurate content, make sure that it’s also engaging and unique. Get to know your target market and make sure that your posts are appealing enough that they want to share with their friends and followers.
You can also take your content to the next level by collaborating with social media influencers. Use platforms like Buzzweb or Grin to find the most relevant influencers for your brand. Along with targeted content, those influencers will improve the quality of leads generated from your social media accounts. That’s how you spark business growth through social media quickly.
6. Study what is working for your competitors.
Keep track of your competitor’s social media pages to understand their social media strategies and tactics closely, noting what works well and what doesn’t. Good observation should give you good ideas to direct your own social media campaigns.
Some apps and tools will help you quickly assess your competitors from a social media standpoint. The best programs offer free trials, so it doesn’t hurt to give them a try.
If you’re ready for your business to REV and crush your competition, try one of these social media tips and use it today on your social media pages.
Do you have additional social media tips & strategies that may help other small businesses? Please share below, and lets REV together.